I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Egg on My Face, Star on the Tree

My very first Vlog attempt taught me that what goes on in my head isn't always what actually comes out on the screen. Go figure. But it's a trade-off. I learned a few things about lighting and video editing from mistakes I made, but I got my tree decorated!



Christmas is certainly much more than a decorated house or tree. Even more than the memories of yearly traditions. And I know that. But I also love the excuse to indulge in our yearly ladder climbs and light untangling and tree fluffing. If nothing else, my kids are going to remember joy during the Christmas season, on all levels.
Can you think of some unlikely things that ended up sparking good memories?


Oh and before I forget, you can visit Katie Ganshert, Keli Gwyn, and Lynne Gentry at their respective websites. They've got some great vlogs!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Marji. I clicked on your video but it said it was private, just so you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marji, I'm eager to see your first vlog. Unfortunately, it appears this one was uploaded to YouTube as a "private" video. There is a box at the bottom up the upload screen you have to uncheck since the default setting is "private."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Marji. I tried to view the Vlog, but I just got a message saying "This video is private." When it comes to computers, I somehow frequently manage to get unintended results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I really do have egg on my face! For some reason, Youtube won't save my changes to make it viewable. I'll keep trying and post when I get it up! So sorry for the false advertising. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Marji! Your persistence paid off. The vlog is now viewable. You done good!!! =)

    What fun to see and hear you. Your lovely personality shines through. It was great to get a glimpse of your family enjoying one of your Christmas traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marji--hope you can hear my applause! Wonderful and joyful vlog!
    Loved visiting with your family! Hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! Love it! What a personality, girl! Thanks so much for the vlog shout out. Aren't vlogs the greatest!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, gals! I sure learned a LOT! And now I know how to make it public, too! (Thanks, Keli!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was here before but the video wouldn't play. I was so excited when I came back and it worked.

    I loved your vlog!! You did great, Marji! How sweet of you to let us in to your world at such a precious time. Your tree is awesome! And what a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I love this, Marji! It's so funny - I feel like we spend so much time reading each other's words, but we don't know what everyone sounds like! It was wonderful to get a glimpse into your tree-decorating process, and to hear you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable! I love listening to you. I'm stinking on visiting blogs lately. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, ya'll are too kind! But sooo encouraging! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVED your Vlog! You're so Vchic! Thanks for the wonderful shoutout! You're the one the writing world should be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee Hee! Lynne, you're just saying that because I give you chocolate! Tee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an AWESOME idea, Marji!! I think we need to do this sometime in a2z. All of us.

    *gulp* Maybe all of YOU and not me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very gutsy putting yourself out there like that, Marji. I'm not quite there yet. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...