I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wow, That was FAST!


Wow, this update is a quick one. I posted my goals on Monday and I can tell you that I have revised 15 pages on Cat’s Eyes. I’m enjoying the polishing stage of my writing because I finish a section and like the way it sounds. I feel like I’ve really completed it.

I’ve exercised once since making my goals and I’ll be playing volleyball tomorrow so I should still need one more 30 minute section before
Sunday’s check-in. I also drove past any number of fast food restaurants as I sprinted from one edge of the metroplex to another. The french fry smell at one intersection, coupled with my growling stomach about did me in, but documenting these goals really kicks the motivation into gear.

I wish I could check off the grading task that is hanging over my head, but I've only gotten a quarter of it done. It's on my tomorrow list, though! We have taken down and packed up our Christmas decorations except for the tree. Hopefully by the time this posts, my house will be back to normal. I always hate to see the pretties go, but I like having my space righted.

Oh, and I’ve read 1 1/2 books of the 7 that I set as my goal. My first, Cowboy by Staci Stallings, I’ll be reviewing next Monday. The second, Songbird Under the German Moon by Tricia Goyer, I’ll be reviewing in the next couple of weeks. Course I have to finish that one first.

I’ve completed daily blog posts not only here, but also at the Prom Herald, a blog that I’ve set up for the upcoming Texas Christian Homeschool Prom where I’m the director in charge of communication, and most of the articles are about medieval life. That’s become quite a challenge, but I’m looking forward to the prom in April!

My writing journey isn’t at an exactly exciting stage, although I get pumped with positive critiques. I got some great advice on a query from my crit group last night. I treasure my critique groups! It's so nice to have partners in this venture!

So that’s my update. I’m plugging along, and trying to keep my mind from distractions and my schedule on course so I don’t squeeze out important fellowship with friends and family, but still get my tasks and projects moving in the right direction.

I feel a little like that elephant poised on the ball. One wrong move and ker-splat! But for now, things are balanced.

Where are you in the writing process right now?


Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. How great that you're getting such satisfaction from your revision process. Awesome! And really great work passing up those french fries. That's a great start! It's sounding very good over on your end--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denying the smell of yummy fries is an act of true will power when the craving hits. Kudos! And thank you for the Prom Herald link, Marji. I peeked over (love posts on medieval life). Later!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...