I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Research

I have spent every available hour for the last three days writing my little tail end off - well, you know - but not on my usual fare. I haven't added a letter to my new story idea, nor have I revised so much as a comma on my WIP, and I haven't even set up my blog articles for this week.

But I've had a blast researching the medieval time period and setting up content for a website and a blog full of articles. This year, the Texas Christian Homeschool Prom, in which I've been involved for going on six years, is themed The Kingdom and we're mixing the chivalry and elegance of the Medieval period with the amazing opulence and splendor of God's kingdom to come.

It's not really a stretch.

I've added articles on the feudal system, knights, ladies, armor, castles, and even the peasantry and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. But seriously, these articles, for all the hours I put into them, are nothing compared to the prom itself. The team that puts them together pulls out all the stops to create the most amazing night full of memories. I'm so pleased that I've gotten to be involved!

By all means go wander through the beautiful pictures and interesting tidbits that I was able to uncover. http://TexasCHP.blogspot.com.

So as a result I don't have a book to review today, but I'd love to hear about a book that you've just finished! Please share!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun prom! How awesome and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures look great, Marji. The Medieval era is one of my favorite time periods to explore. Hope to write a story that takes place in that setting one day.

    I just finished a book that was based on an epic fantasy video game, lol. It was called Fable: Blood Ties. My hubby jokes that once I get involved with a storyline, I have to become borderline obesessed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm the same way. When I start a book, a good one, I don't like to put it down until I'm at the end. I'm not so great at reading a little here or there.

    Fable: Blood Ties sounds like just the type of story that will keep me busy for days on end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I know a lot of kids are excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...