I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

D is for ...


... Doggies.

I love my puppies. Sometimes I think I’m the only one who does. But they’re so cute and predictable.

Marcie is my beagle mix. She’s almost thirteen and really acted it about a year ago. I wasn’t sure how much longer she would be with us. Sleeping all day and doing little else, I thought it might be her last year.

That was until we got Captain, who my college-dorm-living son rescued. He’s a Labrador mix, but more Lab than anything else. Captain is all play, all the time. He has reinvigorated Marcie better than any medicine or vitamins could do.


He will run all out from one side of the yard to the other and Marcie will bark at him as he passes. She’ll trot a few steps in one direction. Then when the black flash sprints back across the lot, she’ll bark again in her high pitch beagle bay and trot a few steps in the other direction. It can go on for some time. He will even mess with her enough so that she gets on her hind legs and sound like she’s tearing him apart.

She’s a tough old bird. Captain isn’t the least bit afraid of her, but he knows when to quit. If only he would figure out that he needs to chew on his toys and not Sweet Hubby’s tools or hoses.

And if both of them would learn to stop barking around midnight, I’d be a happy girl. But then they’re dogs. And dogs bark. Go figure.

BTW, a big, fat apology for not letting you meet my babies in person! The Vlog I'd planned got preempted by my revisions yesterday and this weekend. Hoping to share another one soon!

What pets do you have? What pets would you LIKE to have?

12 comments:

  1. Yeah. Captain is a crazy animal. The best part is, he is capable of being slightly docile...until I come home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do tend to bring out the beast ... uh, I'm mean best? ... in him, Boy!

      Delete
  2. Awww! So glad your aging pup perked up-what a relief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something similar happened here, too, with my Gracie. Puppers came on the scene and now Grace does something more than bark all night and sleep all day. LoL Loved meeting your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, maybe you have catdogs?
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the pics and what you said. Love to see them when I visit....enjoy both,....favor Marcie....but Captain is a JOY!!!!! anonymous

      Delete
  5. How neat that your furry pals are getting along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading about your doggies! We love dogs--we used to raise and show English Bull Terriers ("Spuds" or the Target stores mascot type of dogs). We no longer do that, but still have six "retirees". Oh, and a bird (Goffin's cockatoo). Love the pets! They're so entertaining and great company! Thanks for letting us meet your dogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm. I was SO tempted to do "dogs" for the letter "D". The town we live in hosts sheepdog trials every year that are AMAZING to watch.
    I love my dogs. Currently have two pound puppies (Lab mixes, what else do you get at the pound?) and a purebred West Highland White Terrier I adore named Archie. Have had LOTS of lab mixes, a couple purebred border collies, and a couple of purebred Old English Sheepdogs. Dogs enrich our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marji, I loved your post. We have two dogs also. The older one (Shy-Anne) is a shelter rescue mixed breed. The younger (Abby) is part black Lab. They play and fight and wrestle. My only worry is that Shy-Anne is going to get hurt, but she loves it. Younger dogs do bring out the puppy in our older friends. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...