I am so excited about some books that are on the horizon and due out in the coming months! I've had the pleasure of "meeting" several of the authors and like them and enjoy their blogs so much that I'm chomping at the bit to read their debut books!
Bonnie Calhoun, whose tagline is Snark and Suspense - LOL, is the author of Cooking the Books which is due out in April. It sound like a great mystery and full of humor - right down my alley. This is the summary I found on Goodreads:After her mother dies from a heart attack, Sloane Templeton goes from Cyber Crimes Unit to bookstore owner before she can blink. She also "inherits" a half-batty store manager; a strange bunch of little old people from the neighborhood who meet at the store once a week, but never read books, called the Granny Oakleys Book Club; and Aunt Verline, who fancies herself an Iron Chef when in reality you need a cast iron stomach to partake of her culinary disasters. And with a group like this you should never ask, “What else can go wrong?”Cooking the Books is available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Christianbooks.
A lot! Sloane begins to receive cyber threats. While Sloane uses her computer forensic skills to uncover the source of the threats, it is discovered someone is out to kill her. Can her life get more crazy?
~*~*~*~
Katie Ganshert is one of the first writers whom I met when I began my career last spring. Her blog has inspired me, both in the realm of writing and in spiritual blessings! Her new book, Wildflowers From Winter, is also due out in April. This is the summary I found on her website - oh, and she's offered the first chapter there as a preview! Woohoo!A young architect at a prestigious Chicago firm, Bethany Quinn has built a life far removed from her trailer park teen years. Until an interruption from her estranged mother reveals that tragedy has struck in her hometown and a reluctant Bethany is called back to rural Iowa. Determined to pay her respects while avoiding any emotional entanglements, she vows not to stay long. But the unexpected inheritance of farmland and a startling turn of events in Chicago forces Bethany to come up with a new plan.
Handsome farmhand Evan Price has taken care of the Quinn farm for years. So when Bethany is left the land, he must fight her decisions to realize his dreams. But even as he disagrees with Bethany’s vision, Evan feels drawn to her and the pain she keeps so carefully locked away.
For Bethany, making peace with her past and the God of her childhood doesn’t seem like the path to freedom. Is letting go the only way to new life, love and a peace she’s not even sure exists?
Wildflowers From Winter is available for pre-order at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Christianbooks.
~*~*~*~
Keli Gwyn has blessed me with her wise words and unassuming manner. I've so enjoyed getting to know her online! A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California comes out in July by Barbour Publishing. I'm looking forward to it! Here is the summary I found on Goodreads:
An ever-resourceful widow, Elenora Watkins arrives in El Dorado ready to go into partnership with Miles Rutledge. When he refuses, Elenora becomes the competition across the street. Is this town big enough for the two of them? Miles can’t help but stick his well-polished boot in his mouth whenever he comes face-to-face with Elenora. Can he find a way to win her heart while destroying her business? Miles’s mother, Maude, is bent on Elenora becoming her new daughter-in-law while Elenora’s daughter, Tildy, thinks Miles would make a perfect papa. How far will these meddlers go to unite this enterprising pair?A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California is also available for pre-order from the booksellers above.
~*~*~*~
In book two of the McKenna’s Daughters Series, Mary Lenora must grow up quickly and take care of her younger siblings when her mother dies. Can love help her to shoulder the burden?Mary's Blessing can be pre-ordered as well, but only Christianbook.com has the cover to show!
So I think I'm set with my early summer reading. If I could just decide on books right now, I'd be happy!
What new book are you most looking forward to reading???



There are so many great books coming out this year. I just wish I had more time for reading. =)
ReplyDeleteI'm very excited about Katie's book. I won an ARC in a contest on her website and got to savor Wildflowers from Winter before its release. Wow! It's a great story of heartache, healing that will stay with me for a long time to come.
Thanks for including my book in your post, Marji. You're the first person to notice the cover on a bookseller's site. =)
I meant to say that Katie's book is a great story of heartache, healing and hope.
DeleteThanks for providing a sample of whats to come in the next few months. We both know Lena's is going to be a good one. Though that might be a bit biased. lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouraging words, Marji! And for helping me spread the word on my novel!!
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated, girl!
Looking forward to reading these, especially Keli's and Katie's books. I've been hearing loads of great stuff about these authors.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting to see these new titles being released! Congratulations to the authors!
ReplyDelete