I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Reflections on the Season

I tend to get caught up in the fun and merriment of this season. And why not? It is positively magical! Just looking at my girls faces as they admire decorations or see new things in stores makes my heart happy. Their uninhibited expressions are echoed in the faces of youngsters experiencing all of the splendor for the first time.

And that's how I'm gonna look in heaven.

Can you imagine it? The same delight that holds the
attention of the most hyper toddler will fill me in the very same way when I see my Savior for the very first time. When I hear the Father's voice. Oh those words I so long to hear, "Well done." I sigh just thinking about them.

And we are His precious children. He described us that way for a reason. We spread a smile across His face when we delight in Him. When we take a step toward Him. When we offer our gifts to Him.

How God must grin when we follow, when we strive to please Him. How I hope He's pleased with my offerings, my writing, my time. He's not going to care so much about the food I serve at parties or the way things are decorated, but every detail that I offer to bring delight to my family and friends honors Him.

May we honor Him during this blessed season!

What are your hopes for this week?

3 comments:

  1. I have to work some long hours this week, but have the reward of the holiday (3 days) off. Since I must work away from the home, I hope God uses me in some way to touch the heart of the public though my words, actions, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Marji. The picture of the little girl is so darling!

    My hopes this week are to maintain a grateful heart and a positive attitude as I encounter the hustle and bustle of last minute Christmas preparations. I'm going to reflect on why we celebrate Jesus' birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer for you both is that you make a difference for His Kingdom this week and that God will graciously allow you to recognize it! Woohoo! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...