I got this cool idea the other day. In the shower. I always think better there. Maybe my brain muscle is attached to my sinuses. I get stuffy and need to clear them out so I can think straight.
Anyway. The radio station in town does a secret sound contest. Sweet hubby wanted so bad to win it the other day. He knew exactly what it was - and he was right! We all got up early, dialing our phones to try to get through. Everyone and their dogs were up dialing, too. So, no, he didn't win. But it did give me a sweet idea.
I thought it would be fun to give a little test today and see how many everyday items you can identify. I'm just going to post a few pics, but see if you can tell what they are in the close up view. Then you can "Read More" and see the actual items. Good luck!
I will tell you that after this exercise, I will be making sure I polish things better! Wow, those close-ups show every stinking dust particle. I could even see fingerprints on one of my pics!
Before I go to the answers, there is a point to this. I'm feeling pretty human right now. Finite mind encased in an older-growing body, trapped within the bounds of time. I can't see anything that lies too far from the window of my eyes. I can barely remember yesterday, and have no clue about tomorrow. While I'm fairly logical, I live in a world where truth is twisted. Where facts, non-facts, and solid opinions get stirred together in a grayish cloud of gloppiness.
What better place to put my faith into practice?
I can often see the "big picture" of God's plan when I'm looking back on it. I can read through the Old Testament and see the neon arrows that point to Jesus and say, "This is the guy! Listen to Him! Messiah, right here." I can see the finger of God's providence track the lines of His Story through the Reformation, the Discovery and Colonization of the United States. I can see how He fit the pieces together to create the US as a nation under His guidance. I can even see how His preparation of my life, my education, my experiences, are intricately woven to provide the foundation that I needed for the career on which I'm embarking.
But when I'm in the midst of something–right up on top of it–tunnel-vision reigns. That's when I have to cover my eyes because I can't figure out what I'm seeing anyway. I have to lift up my hand and grasp His finger just like a toddler and take one step at a time.
That's where I am on this journey. Where are you? Oh, and how did you do on my challenge?
 |
| A. Piano |
|
 |
| B. Ladder |
|
 |
| C. Light Fixture |
|
Marji, I'm a shower thinker, too. Ideas often begin to flow as I stand under the steady stream of water.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your challenge even though I only got the first one right. =)
Good post. I didn't get any of your pics though LOL
ReplyDeleteI guess trust enters in when we can't see what He is doing.
I love these kinds of challenges. I got the first one right, and suspected the last one.
ReplyDeleteTunnel-vision is also something I struggle with. It really puts the verse, "walk by faith, not by sight" into a new perspective.
Good point, C.Kay. I'm impressed that ya'll are getting some of them right. I don't think I would get any of them if I had to take the challenge. The first looks like a chair back to me. The second, like a razor. The third I would give up on entirely! Thanks for playing!
ReplyDelete