I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Peace

I've been inhaling blogs on the craft of writing lately. It's truly generous of these experts to share their secrets with aspiring authors and I'm grateful to Jody Hedlund, Katie Ganshert, Elizabeth Spann Craig, Rachel Hauck, Susan May Warren and others for their offerings!

One of the things I've learned in the realm of suspense is the balance between tension and peace. A good
book will have mounting tension, then a period of peace before the tension builds again.

I think our lives can be the same way. With my family's current situation and constant volleyball outings, the tension was building. Enter a time of peace. We always find it when we visit my inlaws in Oklahoma. There's just some sort of built-in serenity out there that calms our spirits and refreshes us.

My mom-in-law is delightful, a born hostess. She's also easy-going and undemanding. Her house is uncluttered and always smells of the next meal - yummy. No diets up here.

So this morning as I sat on their back porch, I thought ya'll might get a kick out of my greatest excitement of the day - yeah, hummingbirds. I could so get used to this!

2 comments:

  1. Love the hummingbirds.

    I have two females and one male. I find peace in watching the little winged jewels.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Loree! I'm looking forward to getting home and cropping my pics to bring the little guys into better view.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...