I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where Did That Come From?

Okay, It's Thursday and I'm feeling a little goofy! So you've been warned.
I have a lousy memory, I mean REALLY. So when a quote or passage sticks with me, it is something to celebrate!  That's awesome when its scripture or snatches from hymns or worship songs, but I can get the weirdest things stuck in my head!

Can you identify what movies these lines come from?


  1. The stuff that dreams are made of.
  2. I am big! It's the pictures that got small.
  3. Show me the money!
  4. You can't handle the truth!
  5. I'll have what she's having.
  6. If you build it, he will come.
  7. We rob banks.
  8. Houston, we have a problem. (My sweet hubby's favorite!)
  9. One morning, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
  10. There's no crying in baseball.
  11. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
  12. What we do in life echoes in eternity.
  13. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.
  14. Fish are friends, not food.
  15. As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.
  16. I'm your number one fan. There's nothing to worry about. You're gonna be just fine. I'll take good care of you.
  17. I want the fairy tale.
These are the answers. Spoiler Alert . . . Spoiler Alert . . . Spoiler Alert . . . Spoiler Alert!
    1. The Maltese Falcon
    2. Sunset Boulevard
    3. Jerry Maguire
    4. A Few Good Men
    5. When Harry Met Sally...
    6. Field of Dreams
    7. Bonnie and Clyde
    8. Apollo 13
    9. Animal Crackers
    10. A League of Their Own
    11. Dirty Dancing
    12. Gladiator
    13. The Devil Wears Prada
    14. Finding Nemo
    15. GoodFellas
    16. Misery
    17. Pretty Woman

    6 comments:

    1. Fun post.

      My memory is goofy at times too.
      Just go with it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. What fun! Are you sure #9 is from Animal Crackers? I was thinking Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - didn't the Grandpa say that?

      Always good to see you over at Life Lessons! And you're right - there's nothing good about stagnation! I looked up the word 'stagnant.' Here's the definition: not moving or flowing; motionless; foul from standing still; stale; lacking liveliness; sluggish. Wow! Definitely not how I want to live my life!

      Have a truly blessed week growing in the Lord!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Loree, usually that happens to me about 11PM. My family has called it droobling for decades. I can't claim that with this post, though. Wrote it up yesterday morning - ah well.

      Maria, that definition of stagnate stops me cold. Don't want to go there! Oh, and I think I remember something like that from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but it a Groucho Marx original from the 30's.

      Thanks for visiting, gals!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I knew almost all of them! lol Sad or cool? I don't know.

      I just quoted Dirty Dancing the other night, when "I carried a watermelon." to a friend's house. :) Fun!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Jessica,
      I didn't know #2, but I liked it! I wasn't sure which movie #9 was in, but I knew who said it.

      Not sure if it's sad that I remember so much about trivial things like movies, or if it's telling that I really insert myself into what I'm watching/reading/writing that it stays with me.

      Who knows? Maybe the fact that we can vicariously experience things so easily leads us to the writing we love?

      Thanks for dropping by and making me think deeply! I needed that!

      Blessings <><

      ReplyDelete
    6. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog :)

      ReplyDelete

    Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...