I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peas in a Pod

Or sometimes, double trouble! My dinky twinkies bring light, music and laughter to our household.

When I learned I was pregnant again, my hubby started noticing all the twins that filled news stories, some gymnasts, a couple of football players, some local models. He mentioned how funny it would be if we were having twins. I calmly replied, "I'll scratch your eyes out." And God laughed. A couple of months later, when we learned about these two we could only say, "Wow," like a pair of high schoolers for days.

What a memorable day it was, exactly 12 years ago,
when 18 people crammed into the delivery room to take care of me and my bundles. (Yes, a little difficult for the ultra modest me, but then, I am woman, hear me grunt!)

I love this picture of all of the kids. Each one distinctly displaying his/her personality. My handsome boy in a patient pose, my precious redhead making sure twink #2 was safe on Santa's knee. And twink #2 couldn't stop staring at the man. Her nickname is Brighteyes for a reason. Then there's twink #1, bawling and wailing. Suffice it to say that while identical in face and form, my pair of angels are as different as night and day.

No wait, not quite. Both have the same love of music, mystery (well they are mine!) and all things creative.

One would rather read all day long and the other would talk on the phone until her voice gave out. One is an Americana girl, loving crafts and gardening. She takes after her Nana. The other is the spitting image of me, dramatic and expressive.

Both are lovable and will still crawl up in my lap. Both want to be taller than me. Both would rather dance than walk and prefer to get their school work done a day ahead instead of have "home" work.

Happy Birthday, Dinky Twinkies! I am truly double-blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Indeed they are blessings! Wow! How could they be 12 already? Tell the twinks I said happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks, Ann! They get big fast! They spent the day at their own Vball tourney and then at Katie's. Now they're playing Phase 10 and eating home made ice cream! I'd say it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby girls are a twin blessing indeed! Only they are not dad's babies any more... and I am so glad for the young ladies they are becoming!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...