I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012


Saturday, I got up early to transport my dinky twinkies (That's Texas Sassy for my twin girls) to a birthday party. Not sure who got the great idea for a morning party, but I'm usually game with things like this. Driving there, I was diverted by the girls and distracted by trying to find the place of the party.

But after finally locating the venue, and to my daughters' delight, still a few minutes early, I had the car to myself on the way home. I was shocked that more than garage sale explorers were up that early on a Saturday morning. Granted it was beautiful. Fairly cool with a promise of later heating, and crystal skies.

But seriously, people were everywhere. Kids and teens playing basketball at a park, riding bikes, walking dogs, jogging. Adults going to or from stores and Starbucks, strolling babies, mowing, watering, planting, sweeping. Really? I had no idea such things went on so early in the day!

That's right. I'm NOT a morning person. Well, unless you count the we hours like midnight and one that usually pass before I go to bed. No, I guess they don't count. But those are the hours when I get my best writing done.

Now I know that FLYLADY encourages getting up with the dawn, showering, doing makeup, light cleaning, and tying on shoes. I really like it when I do all of those things and try hard to follow FLYLADY'S ideas. 'Course my shoes get tangled up in the sheets when I lay back down, but I adjust.

SO not a morning person. I married one, but converted him to the dark side fairly quickly. I gave birth to four of them, but only one remains steadfast and chipper. (I'm beginning to think Precious Redhead was adopted when I was asleep.)

Don't get me wrong, though. I do love the feeling of morning - especially in the spring. And no, I didn't go back to bed after dropping my angels off. I did think about it, though.

Your turn. Early Bird or Night Owl. Which would your rather be and why?

5 comments:

  1. I am a night owl who married an early bird. After 25 years, we've adjusted--kind of. He stays up until 10 or 10:30 now and I get up a little earlier than I used to. I am learning that if I get up early, I have to have a BIG cup of coffee, veg in front of my computer a while, and do all my "non-thinking" tasks, like housecleaning stuff, until my mind clicks awake. If I had my way, the world wouldn't start until noon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO there! I do get up, but the gray cells don't align until after my second Dt. Pepsi.

      Delete
  2. I'm such a night owl. I can stay up to 2 or 3 in the morning without paying attention to the fact that half the night has gone by. Recently, though, I've realized that even though I stay up late, I'm not being productive as I would like. So (sigh) I've drawn up a new schedule where I'm waking up at 7:30 and writing by mid-morning. I force myself to wind down and be in bed by 11:30 at night. To morning people, my hours may still seem late or extravagantly lazy, but hey, works for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so STINKIN' IMPRESSED! I really do enjoy getting up early, but that going to bed thing has me struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a night owl. Sometimes I stay up as late as 9:30. Usually not, though. Up around 4:30 to 5:00. Shave, go for a walk, shower or hottub and then coffee, newspaper and breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...