I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Such a Special Day!

Happy Anniversary, Sweet Hubby! Twenty-five years. Wow. Do all folks my age still feel like they're in their 20s or 30s? I remember my love story like it was yesterday.

It couldn't have been much longer ago than last week, right?

Sweet Hubby and his best friend made a habit of working out in the college weight room during my
last morning class. Then, when I walked past, they would knock on the windows and wave. Yeah, I was onto them. They would always come over to my apartment for lunch and sometimes we'd go fishing together. (That's hanging out in East Texas!)

Hubby's BF asked me out, but I didn't want to spoil the friendships. (I wasn't interested in either of them.) Then when I went away for a summer as a camp counselor, Sweet Hubby wrote often, even came and visited me. I thought I'd give him a thrill and go out with him when I got back to town.

Oh yeah. I thought I was all that! Ha!

I got back to find that he'd been casually dating another gal. Very platonic as far as he was concerned - so he said. But we left on a week-long trip with a student group and he drove the luggage van with this other gal.

Wait! He's MY friend!

I can't say it was actual jealousy. Just a revelation of feelings that I didn't know I had. So when the other gal asked me for advice ... um ... are you kidding me? Yes, she really asked me what she should do since Sweet Hubby wouldn't commit. He didn't seem to take the relationship seriously. Well, that was music to my ears, but how should I answer that question?

I was nice ... I was good ... No REALLY! I honestly told her what I would do if I stood in her shoes.

"I wouldn't be asking me for advice!"

But she didn't take my suggestion. She asked again anyway and I told her to drop the dude like a hot potato. (Well I warned her!) The next day, Sweet Hubby and I toured Santa Fe, New Mexico hand-in-hand and I never looked back.

I didn't let him kiss me until the third date, but by then I was sure he was the one. Had NEVER even THOUGHT about marriage or getting serious with a guy before that! The man truly changed my life! And he is my hero! He helps me find my way. He comes to my rescue in trouble. And does countless little things for me all the time!

I am so blessed and I know it full well!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Marji. I hope you and your hubby enjoy a wonderful celebration of your 25 years of togetherness. Loved hearing the story of how you met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Marji. I'd say he got a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll! On Facebook he said he "married up." I hope he keeps believing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HapPy AnNiVeRsArY! I feel like I'm still in my 20's too! Unfortunately, my hubby thinks he's in his 60's, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, well, the Texas big hair and the shoulder pads in my green dress situate me squarely in the 80's. Oh well. Embracing aging - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures! You guys haven't changed a bit. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, happy anniversary! What a great story, and it's obvious that what you've cultivated with your Sweet Hubby is something special and incredible. Here's to twenty-five more great years!

    And the wedding kiss picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...