I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Z is for ZZZZZzzzz ...

I think I mentioned before that I have a habit of talking for my dogs. You can check out my explanation about that HERE. I talk especially for my older dog, Marcie. What can I say? She's calmer and has more expression than the overgrown puppy. Captain is all-movement all-the-time. A "man" of few words, as it were. But Marcie's expressions are priceless.

She makes for a great indoor dog, especially in a homeschooling environment. She'll pay attention when someone goes into the kitchen, but unless
there are food smells tickling her talented nose, she hunkers down for a nap. Then she gets up and stretches just in time to take another nap.

The only distraction she gives, besides her slight snoring, is when she chases squirrels in her dreams. The girls can pet her tummy and tickle her ears without stirring her. We can hold conversations and even come in and out of the room without her even opening an eye.

But when the slightest ripping sound of a package breaks through silence or noise, she's head-up alert and figuring out which direction the sound came from. No exaggeration!

Outside, the squirrels have to really mess with Marcie to get her attention. No ADD trouble here! And her hound dog bay is downright beautiful, when she's not using it to fuss at us for being tardy to dinner time!

Being very easy to predict, she would make a lousy character in a book. Well, unless the character ate and slept a lot, or served a dual purpose of being a doorstop. Maybe I could name my next victim after her???

If nothing else, she makes a great finale for my alphabet!

When did sleeping ever get you in trouble?

11 comments:

  1. Marcie is so cute! My greyhound runs in her sleep. I think she has track dreams...poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marji, I think it's cool that you talk for your dogs. I talk for our two cats. Each of our fellows has a distinctive "voice" and personality, which comes out in his "speech." =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Keli, I do the same thing and my friends never let me live it down! When the Lab puppy came along they wanted to hear him talk!

    Loree, my sis-in-law rescues racing greyhounds, too. Said they are some of the sweetest, calmest dogs she ever owned. (I would have said fastest, but then what do I know?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marji, I do the same thing--talk for my animals. When my youngest daughter was in grade school she invited a new friend over and gave me firm instructions to not talk for the dog while her friend was there. :)
    FUN post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it must be a character-driven mind thing, Rita. Whatever it is, I'm not the only one doing it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to know you're normal or is that because it makes me normal to talk with my pets?
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it just comforts us to know that there are other weirdos ... creative types ... out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter and I both talk for our dogs, and now we talk for my grandson (6 mos.). It's not crazy... yeah... : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! We talk for our dogs, too, lol. And for the chasing critters in their sleep--the thing that always *amazed* me when we had litters of puppies is that they would do that while still tiny--long before they were able to do anything like that in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, also meant to say I love the new look of the blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I'm beginning to think that my friends, who look at me like I have 3 eyes when I talk about doggy conversations, are the ones in the minority here!

    Thanks Shelley. I had fun playing with it after thinking about it for several weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...