I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

News and Update for ROW 80 - Special Words

THE END

Typing never felt so good! Getting into the last third of my novel stuck spurs in me an inch deep. I barely made myself stop when I dozed over my keyboard. 

Sleep is highly overrated!

My intensity made my schedule imperative. There's a lot more to my life than writing in any given day! (Teaching, homeschooling–no, not always the same thing–house decorating, meal planning, not to mention
the daily gotta-dos that always come up.)

Compartmentalizing my day wasn't only to give me writing time. I needed to make sure my time went to the most important things. Family, commitments, promises, friends, too.

But this week, my schedule barely hung on. I wrote until my eyelids couldn't stay open. Then got up and started writing again–Not really, I do my best writing in the evening so I'd did all the other sundry stuff and hit the keyboard after dinner.

It's amazing how quickly the words came as I raced toward the climax. And I'm so glad to be done.

Sort of. 

I kind of miss the challenge. But then, until the story is between covers, it's not truly done now, is it? I know I've got months of revisions to go on it, and a new story already tickling the edges of my mind. Chomping at the bit.

Oh, and I did get my daily exercise in. So far. I didn't say I liked it. But at least I get to enjoy an episode of Psych while I'm using my treadmill. It's about the only TV I watch nowadays. Who has time? :)

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your book, Marji Laine(even if there will be a lot of revisions ;-) How wonderful to experience that sense of accomplishment before the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Gwendolyn. Sweet hubby sort of blew it off at first. "Your writing is sort of like cleaning the house. It never quite gets entirely done."

    I corrected him. "It's more like renovations. The structure is complete. It just needs a few decorations and some paint on the walls."

    I think he got the message - brought me flowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on finishing your novel! I still have 30k left to go, unfortunately. I need to find some sort of momentum, but I keep getting distracted.

    Good luck with revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching The End! I hope you did something special to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Sweet hubby and girls brought me flowers and they let me read my final three pages with an apple juice toast at the end of them! Made it special. Still wanting my nails done - set aside Monday now! Think I'll do the hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with your goals this week. I'm so thrilled for you about finishing your first draft. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting the first draft finished! I still have a way to go on my WIP's! :/ I'll get there eventually, lol.
    Good luck with the editing now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the encouragement. I've taken the whole weekend off, but I'm chomping at the bit to get into the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marji, I know what it's like to teach and homeschool. You're right, they're not the same. I commend you for keeping the light burning. Take some time and be Thankful this week. Congratulations and here's a toast to setting new goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done you - wonderful feeling when book comes in - and editing can be good too - a new book just busting to get out way to go.

    all the best for coming week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Marji! What a lovely feeling it is to write those words, and gear up to the revisions. It's lovely that your family has made the accomplishment special, too!

    Have fin with your time off, and here's to a wonderful start to the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the encouragement! Have enjoyed the weekend off and am really looking forward to getting to the polishing stage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mingling of peace and anticipation that comes in those down days between "The End" and the revisions. Congratulations on getting the biggest hurdle out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Marji! That's wonderful. I admire how you stuck to that writing and didn't let it go, even though the eyelids were dropping. Encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What inspiration, and, yay! for you. New goals? Editing, or the new idea?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent description, Rantravewrite! That's exactly how I feel!

    Melanie, the credit goes to the story. I just got so excited about where it traveled, sort of like I do when I read them. I do that until my eyelids droop sometimes, too!

    Amy, I haven't quite decided. I have 15k in a new story that I really like, but before I can start again on it, I'll need to make some drastic changes to it and about two weeks of character planning. By Wednesday, I should have my goals pinpointed again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I just love it when I get excited and the word just fly out of my fingers. Such a sense of satisfaction! Now the fun part is over, though. TIme to stick your nose to the grins stone and make that baby PERFECT. Good luck!
    www.jennifermeaton.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're right, Jennfer, this is the grindstone part!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...