I've been blessed with connections to a new group of talented authors called the Grace and Faith Author Connection. Together, these folks are helping each other share their books and their dreams.
Okay, so I don't have a book to share, yet. I love the premise of making a little effort to assist with someone else's dream. So today, I get to welcome Shawn Lamb to Faith-Driven Suspense to tell about herself and her new Christian Historical Fiction, The Huguenot Sword. Okay, just the name alone intrigues the tar out of me and I was dying to know a little more about Shawn and about her book.
What inspired you to be come a writer?
I’ve
been writing since I was a teenager. I was a BIG historical fiction fan when I
was younger. Some of my favorite authors are Taylor Caldwell, Mary Stuart, John
Jakes and Alistair MacLean. Of course there are the classic authors, Dumas,
Stevenson, Dickens.
How did you translate your
desire into practical experience?
I
got my break back in the 1980s when I wrote for the animated television series
BraveStarr. The same studio that did He-man and She-Ra produced the show. When
my daughter asked me to write her a fantasy, I took what I learned writing for
kids and used it to craft the YA allegorical series ALLON.
Tell us about The Huguenot Sword.
Before my daughter made her request, I was writing
historical fiction. With Allon
established, I am returning to my favorite genre.
As a young teen, I was captivated by books
chronicling adventures of the 17th century; be it French Musketeers,
the Hapsburgs, rouge highwaymen, the Thirty Years War or the English Civil War.
It was a time of swashbuckling daring-do, Court intrigue, religious emergence,
heroes and villains. In my own way, I sought to capture that turbulent time in
a classic, timeless fashion hence, The
Huguenot Sword. I started the story
when I was sixteen, and now 35 years later, it is in finally in print.
So you are self-published?
Actually, I’m both – traditional and
self-published. When Charisma House (formerly Strang Communications) passed on
the rest of Allon, I went independent.
Does
your faith influence your writing?
Oh, most definitely. I’m not the type of person
who can compartmentalize and break my life into different rooms or aspects. Who
I am in Christ comes out in everything I do, and I make no apology or excuse.
Will there be more books in the future?
Yes, next year I plan to release 3 books – 2 more
in the Allon Series and another historical fiction.
I'm a lover of Dumas so this book sounds right down my alley. Where can people get more information about you and your books?
My website – http://www.allonbooks.com
is a family friendly site that contains info on events I attend, excerpts for
all my books, videos, an interactive map for the kids, character pages, links
to Facebook, Twitter and sign up for a month newsletter.
I'm so glad, Shawn could share her life and writing with us. Her website is really cool looking, so make sure you check it out!
Shawn lives in Antioch, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville, with her husband, Rob. Married for 25 years, they have a daughter, Briana, who is pursuing a career in film.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.