I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend-spiration

I'm so enjoying my mornings lately. No, I'm NOT a morning person, unless you count the hours after midnight. But my mornings have been successfully highlighted for the last two weeks with a Bible study. It's not that I don't regularly study, just not in the morning.

I'm the type that sets her alarm for the latest possible time and then slaps the snooze button at
least twice. So morning Bible study is a rare visitor. Even more strange is the fact that we've had daily interaction for two whole weeks!

I have to give a lot of the credit to the Good Morning Girls Bible Study and to my Homeschooling Moms Facebook study group. I just happened upon the GMG website the day before their study started so I could get in on the ground floor.

(Okay, side note. I always LOVE to get in at the start of things. Watched a soap opera for three years and didn't even like it the last year, but I had to watch until it ended because I saw the first episode. What does that say about my psyche? Scar-Ree!)

I've enjoyed reading through 1John, in fact it's a fave! This weeks reading was a little harsh, though. It showed the readers how much they needed the message that John had for them - for us. First John spoke of the wonderful fellowship we have in the Lord, then he explaining how our walking in darkness removes that fellowship.

I began to think of one situation where an offender certainly walked in darkness and wasn't even repentant about it. Then I thought of how another enemy-type continued to look for ways to rise higher while stomping on people lower. And then how a friend from the past should have ... and on and on.

Zing went the lightning bolt.

Those folks weren't the ones reading; I was.
They didn't embark on this study and pray for leading; I did.
The message, at least at this point, isn't for them; It's for me.

I'm the one that justifies and excuses my mistakes, my laziness, my errors. I'm the one who practices judgement even though I keep it private. Despite my desire to be holy, I fall short. Quite short. And John's message tells me if I make a habit of my errors, my sin, then I put up a wall between myself and the Father and miss out on the best of His blessings - His fellowship.

May this message go deep into my soul.


Holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need. Holiness is what He asks of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...