I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

R is for Rrrrrrrr . . .

Rowdy. This week's A2Z offering is about my dog, Captain. Did I say, "My dog"? Let me clarify. My son, the college student who lives in a dorm apartment, rescued a tiny black puppy last year when the girl who had the pup decided she didn't want him anymore.

No problem. Tender-hearted boy. :)

Until his RA reminded him of the no pets rule. Bummer.


No problem. Tender-hearted mom. :(

I set about studying up on puppy training, focusing on Labs since we thought he might be a Lab mix. But there was no way he would get as big as a lab. He almost fit in my hand!

That was then; this is now.
Captain's new name is generally "Captain No-no," although he is, for the most part, a pretty good beast. He loves to romp and chew and play Tug-of-War. That sometimes gets him in trouble when he romps on my bed with muddy feet, chews on sweet hubby's yard hoses, and plays Tug-of-War with my dinky twinkies' socks.

Definitely Rrrrrr-owdy. He tries very hard to please us, though. He'll pick up my precious redhead's socks just so I can take them gently from his mouth and he can prove his obedience. He'll also get his squeaky toy and bite it just right to make the pleasant sound because he knows how much we like to hear it. After all, we squeak it at him?

My sweet-hearted son keeps saying he wants to take him to his new apartment, that can have dogs. I'll believe that when I see it.

No, actually, I'll cry when it happens. This goofy, rowdy pup has wriggled his spritely self smack dab in the middle of my heart. He has nothing but joy. Nothing but uninhibited hopping happiness.

Sort of like our praise of the Father should be. Like a child. Desperately wanting to please our Heavenly Daddy. To delight Him and spread a smile across His lips.

Maybe I should be a little Rowdy, too!

12 comments:

  1. Awww...your pup sounds great! Thanks for sharing about Captain. We have a Captain, too (and a Fancy, Cleo, Glory, Midge and Curly--we used to raise and show Bull Terriers and those are our "retirees" :-)) They sure do worm their way into your heart, don't they? I love the correlation that we should strive to be a delight to God like our pets are to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I take the name, "Captain No-No??" That could go right beside the other one the boys have given me, which is "The Original Egyptian Slave Driver." Too bad their dad didn't marry a slow, dull mom who was easy to trick. Hee hee hee...

    Oh, and speaking of dogs - the one dog we ever had was a boy, too. Not kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name! Beautiful dog!
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious dog. Love the name too - and the pictures. Fun post, Marji!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, gals. Hubby is secretly please that Captain is here. Otherwise he would be the only man in a house full of females!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think God would like it if we got a bit rowdy for Him at times, Mariji:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoL, I think I know exactly what you're talking about! ;-) My lab mix is named Puppers cuz we weren't planning on keeping her and she's just an overgrown pup. But she quickly found her way to our hearts--even my husband's. And that's saying something. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laury :)

    Patty, My farmboy hubby fell for Captain, too. Except when he's Captain No-No!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's such a beautiful dog, Marji! I thought it was funny when you called him "a pretty good beast". My kids call our dogs - "beasts"

    I love his white toes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a dog person... But it's a good thing he didn't land on my doorstep because he's a CUTIE PIE! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh he is pretty. And when he does his alpha dog stance he looks like an award winner.

    I've never had such a big dog before. (Had bassets and beagles, mini-schnauzers, and cocker spaniels.) That's why he's a Beast!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. *giggle* I'm quite sure Buddy (who is my youngest's dog, also a Lab mix like Captain) thinks his name is "Nobody." : )

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...