I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Break Out the Pom Poms!


Done.

Oh that word - like sweet melodies or cascading water whispering peace against anxiety.

After four months of writing and five months of rewriting, I actually called it out and sent away the final copies of my novel to a group of beta readers.

Breathe.

It's like the time when I watched my handsome boy sing his first solo. Glad, anxious,
hopeful. Then he was done, with a smile on his face, and I was glad all over again.

That's how I feel as positive readers' surveys are beginning to trickle in. My story is like the baby eagles giving wing-flaps and hopping from branch to branch.

It's not like I won't touch it again. I'm sure my betas will have suggestions and I intend to take every stinking one of them very seriously. But for the most part, I don't think this baby has much more than a little make-up to apply here and there.

Then she's ready and I'm set hoping to hear the "WELL" in front of the "done"!


I'm really glad for the challenge that the Round of Words in 80 Days offered. Today marks my last day of this round and my last update. I wrote 114,268 words on my works in progress which is 18,268 more than my goal. I not only completed my revisions on a 78K word novel, but I also completed the rough draft of a second, completely different story. Revisions for that one upcoming.

I think the best thing I learned over the last couple of months was how to manage my time and, even during volleyball season, make sure I'm getting words on my papers so I'll have something to work with.

By the way, a new murder mystery came to me today. I can't WAIT to get into it! Such amazing protags! I think it must be time to start another round of words!

What technique, challenge, or schedule helps you accomplish your goals when life gets messy?

Oh and don't forget to follow my blog to be entered in the contest for Jody Hedlund's amazing book, The Doctor's Lady! You'll be glad you did!

11 comments:

  1. DONE really is a wonderful word, isn't it? And so simple, too! Congratulations! The second best thing about RoW80 is finishing a round and looking back and beaming over all your accomplishments.

    The best thing about it is that there's another Round coming up soon after! So ready for Round 4 already. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to follow you a bit if you're participating, and, ooh, new murder mystery! Best of luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely plan to stick around for Round 4. Looking forward to having another novel completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress, Marji! I can't wait to see the murder mystery progress during the next Round.

    Thanks for coming by my blog and being so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit, too, Elizabeth! I'm excited to see where this ROW takes me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that feeling of accomplishing goals, too. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouraging comments.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Marji!! Awesome to read about the progress you've had over the last 80 days! I'm looking forward to that word, 'done,' as I trudge on through my non-fiction book proposal. Learning lots along the way! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gearing me up to sink my teeth into another one! Not sure I can wait until October 3 when the next round begins!

    Thanks for visiting, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job. 114k? I am absolutely gobsmacked that is incredible. See you again in the next round...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was totally pumped! So wanting to get this new murder mystery that I'm setting up done by the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squee!! Congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm 100 pages away from calling it done, myself...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! Make sure you holler when you finish and we'll squeee together!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...