Doing revision on what I'm writing hasn't happened as much as I'd like it to, but I'm looking forward to some long and intense weeding when I get to the end of my WIP. Sweet hubby even encouraged me to get away, go up to his parent's home, without distractions or wireless internet or volleyball, to chew off a big hunk of my task. I
just may take him up on that.
I'm not sure if I'll finish the WIP or the 80 days (done on September 22) first, but I'll take a pause of the writing at that point and focus on making what I've already done pretty. Wonder if there's a linky for A Round of Revisions?
Anyway, the serial I'm writing is more than 3/4 complete, my blogs are done a week ahead, and I've written way more than I planned to already. I hoped to reach 96K words by the end of this thing, but I'm already almost 7,000 words over my writing goal. I think when I do finally finish I will have well over 100K. Yea!

Great job Marji!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you are on it! Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI'm so stinkin' excited. Last night, I couldn't stop until my eyelids wouldn't stay open, but I'm only a couple of scenes away from the end of my WIP! So thrilled!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work, Marji! You seem to have great organizational skills!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't go that far, Brandi - Ha! But I'm working on it! Went and got a science board and scratch pads yesterday to keep track of my story line and character arcs while I'm going through revisions. So excited to see the end in sight!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've done really well with your goals. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erin,
ReplyDeleteHoping to get a good jump on the revision step this weekend!
Great job on the goals, Marji!
ReplyDeleteYour husband sounds like a great guy, I think most of us would love to be able to retreat away from the "busy" for a bit to concentrate.
One thing about ROW80, you can set revision as a goal. The point is to do things writerly (but not always even that as many of us have exercise goals as well).
Have a great week and enjoy the vacation if you go :)
Sounds like you've done a wonderful job staying on top of your goals.Hurray for you! Almost finished!
ReplyDeleteI do some revisions along the way, but usually only because I'm in that mood. It's fun to finish a first draft, let it sit for a few weeks, and then see what it looks like with somewhat fresh eyes.
Wow! Sounds like you're rocking out with this. Way to go! Keep it up and enjoy your escape!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement! I didn't know I could set revision goals; I'll do it. The revision would be on another novel that I completed a couple of months ago.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea J.R., of putting the WIP on the shelf. Seems I need to step back and let it gel so I can have fresher eyes when I address it again!
Thanks for stopping by!
Godo job! I am hoping for a writing retreat myself (meaning me in a hotel for a weekend) but we'll see, that's my *birthday wish* which is in three weeks though this month is a bit busy for us.
ReplyDeleteHappy ahead-of-time birthday! Hope you get your wish! (Or maybe a pony?) :)
ReplyDeleteMarji,
ReplyDeleteYou are soooo "Rocking the ROW!" Good for you. Now I have to go post two blogs because I am NOT ahead. :-)
Am loving it! I just put my second WIP to bed! Yea!
ReplyDelete