I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Heard That!

The Imperials (oh dear, I'm dating myself!) had a great song several decades ago.
Surrounded by the cares of life. Situations rise they press against my soul. Desperate thoughts have blocked me in. Feels like I may lose control. A voice from somewhere inside of me speaks comfort, fills my heart with courage, and lets me know that everything will be alright. I hear Him say, "Be still my soul and know that He is God. Stand quietly. He is Lord. If God is for me who can be against me?"





This song was one of my favorites then and from time to time, God will bring it back to my mind when I need it. The words come from Psalm 46:10. The coincidence is that I found the verse quoted in two totally different blogs yesterday.

The first one was from The Christian Pulse called, "Stop the World I Want to Get Off," by Marty Norman. The point of that article, and it was brilliant, was that we shouldn't be so busy in our lives that God has to throw bricks at us to get our attention. The second one I can no longer find. I remember the topic dealt with faith, but it is not on the blog where I thought it was. *Twilight Zone theme music starts drifting over the edges of the page.*

Yeah, I know, there's really no coincidence about it! When I see things like that, I clue in because I know God is making His point. This one is loud and clear.

From the deepest part of my soul I'm beseeching Him to solve our current issues. No hour goes by when I'm not faced again with the reality of last week, as surreal as it seems. When I allow my mind to tarry on the misfortune, in the depth of the night or the ugliest corner of my heart, fear unfolds it's tentacles and wraps me in knots that no sailor could possibly navigate through. Here I am, all alone struggling just to get a breath from the panic that rises up in me . . .

And He says, "Be still."

He doesn't join me on my sideline and add His voice to my frustration or pain. No pointing or hollering at any imagined opponents. He also doesn't stand on the other side of the field jeering, antagonizing, or accusing me.

He simply whispers, "I've got this."

What is He working on with you right now? Is He saying, "I've got this"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...