I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Type-Casting: I've Been Tagged???

Character day - Well, I guess I'm certainly one of those!
Thanks to Jessica R. Patch, a fun online friend I met through Twitter, I get to answer questions today. Well, their really not hard questions, but I'm a little nervous. See, she ended her article with a question, "What song best describes you?" and I swear I sat staring blankly at the screen for a full 5 minutes. I finally settled on "Does Your chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Over Night?" (Well, Mom always told me it was a real song.) It seemed appropriate since I have 0% creativity this morning!

But I'm nothing if not game. (No, not gamy, that would be my boy.)



TAG QUESTIONS:

Do you think you're hot?
Of course! It's Texas. It's June. Yes, I know I'm avoiding the real question, but I hate the word "hot" when describing how someone looks. It just sounds slimy. I'd prefer "cute."

Upload a picture of the wallpaper you are using.
This pic not only looks magical and stimulates the romantic in me, but those mountains remind me that Texas summers don't last forever, they just act like they will!

When was the last time you ate chicken?
Just had Balsamic Chicken from La Madeline's! Yuuummmmmeeeee!

What song or songs have you listened  to recently?

The Stand by Hillsong has been running through my head constantly lately! The version I've embedded is Michael W. Smith's, but the chorus is so powerful and I love the pics with this one!


Do you have any nicknames? If so what are they?
Marji is a nickname, for Margaret, and you can learn more about that next Thursday when I talk about naming characters!

Tag 5 bloggers:
Now this is going to be the hard part because I'm pretty new to this blogging game. I only know a few bloggers so I hope they'll play along! And I especially hope they won't get ticked from being tagged. Hey, that could be a song!

Margo's Junkin' Journal - Margo is a friend from middle school and I won't tell you how long I've known her!  Her blog proves that one man's trash is another man's treasure because it is ALWAYS full of the most astounding treasures!

Lindsey's Volleyblog - I have just recently "met" Lindsey, but her creative ideas about writing and organizing, not to mention the fact that she's a volleyball fan, make her blog well worth reading!

Life Lessons- Maria has an amazing way of weaving God's truth into everyday life.  Reading her blog is like a breath of fresh air!

Michelle's Adventures in Writing - Michelle's blog is another of those that I always try to catch! She is direct and down-to-earth, but with a heaven-focused mind. Her posts inspire me and my writing!

Julie Glover's Blog - as another mystery writer, I was delighted to stumble upon Julie's Blog. I think one of my twitter friends tweeted me in her direction and I'm so glad they did!

So check their blogs from time to time over the next week or so and see if they get a chance to play, but even if they don't get the chance, their sites will undoubtedly give you some real gems!

Your turn: What is it about blogs that turns you away or makes you keep coming back?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me :) I'm definitely game (not gamy, ha).

    I love the pic you're using for wallpaper, I'm using something kind of similar...but you'll just have to wait and see ;)

    For your question at the end: I think that crankiness tends to turn me off. Not when a blogger is cranky that one day, but seems to have generally negative posts. I keep coming back when people are creative, friendly, and fun. I also think that when bloggers leave questions at the end of posts, it makes people more likely to get involved. Everyone wants to be needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll even turn off my sweet hubby's radio when the DJ is in a negative mood. I agree.
    Thanks for posting and I can't wait to see your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Michael W. Smith's song!I also think I'd like to live in the castle. It is a dreamy wallpaper! Thanks so much for playing along, Marji. It's fun huh?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a great time with it, Jessica. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...