I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Spiritual Tar Pits

Tar Pit BubbleSatan wants you down. Defeated. Giving yourself negative talk and expecting nothing but failure.

And I had such a day of that last week. I could go through the day and get all upset again, but it really isn't worth it. Suffice it to say that from the time I was awakened, before my alarm by an ... issue ... my day flushed and I spent the rest of it spiraling in narrowing rings around the toilet of depression.

By the time I hit the evening, (And hit is an optimal word there.) I was antsy. Situations left unresolved, unexpected new ... issues ... cropping up every time I opened up my email. I have to tell you, like a threatened octopus, I felt myself pulling everything in.

Sweet hubby made me turn off my email. I just needed to let things go for a few days. And he was also right about something else. In the big picture of things, these little details don't really matter. I know the evil one would love to destroy me, and he uses my weariness and little snipes here and there to pick me to pieces.

But snipes aren't real. I know because my grandpa took my mom snipe hunting once when she was little. Poor thing. And these things that have picked on me all day weren't real either. They weren't things that would last. The slights and the frustrations generated out of minor issues shouldn't affect me so much.

Good thing to remember. And the tornado dreams and restlessness that plagued me for the 24 hours made it very clear that I was not in the will of the Father. All of the ill-feelings stemmed from a decisions that I had been putting off. Once made, I had peace and clarity, though my circumstances hadn't really changed all that much.

So my day started out in tar pits that I didn't think I could escape. But it ended with a beauty and peace that I didn't expect. To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. Every once in a while, I'll have one of those days. Things are bashing me from all directions, like stormy waves hitting a break wall. All I can do is ask God to walk next to me. It's funny, after I do that, I really feel His presence. I feel safe again.

    He's always with us...even in those blackest tar pits. Glad you found your peace again.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...