I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

R is for Reviewing a New Favorite!

I had a lovely time this summer reading books til I turned purple. Okay not quite. But I did read several books. I didn't review all of them, but for a while, book reviews were a weekly event at my blog. I've compiled those reviews on my new page, For Readers. Hope you enjoy browsing!

And in that same spirit, I'm utilizing my A2Z Blog hop article to share a Review of a new favorite!

AVAILABLE TODAY!

Wildflowers from Winter: A Novel

Wildflowers from Winter: A Novel by Katie Ganshert My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Halfway through this book, I stopped and told my daughter, "Katie Ganshert is Michelangelo with words."

I'm in total awe! Her main character, Bethany Quinn, is terribly realistic. I say terribly because she alternated between sweet and self-absorbed. She proved easy to identify with (I hate to admit) but not always easy to like. Her personal agendas and hidden pain provided many of the conflicts in the story.

But those same flaws made her real. Kept her true to her character throughout the story. And though the story, for the most part, was told in third-person, Ganshert's delve into 1st person flashbacks was masterful. The connection to Bethany Quinn strengthened as each layer rolled back.

The hero with a past, Evan Price gave a good balance to Bethany, but I really connected with her best friend, Robin, and look forward to reading more about her - hopefully in future books!

I've found a new favorite author and can't wait to keep reading!

Wildflowers From Winter is available TODAY! Celebrate it's premiere by ordering your own copy!

Amazon Barnes & Noble Books a Million ChristianBook.com IndieBound Lifeway Mardel Parable Christian Stores Powell’s Books Random House

Special thanks to the author for an advanced copy for an impartial review!

View all my reviews on Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. She is amazing and I LOVED Wildflowers from Winter. I'm looking forward to Wishing on Willows!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...