I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Texas Christian Homeschool Prom was a HIT!

No, I'm not talking the balloons and crepe paper of my prom although I loved my prom. AND I'm not talking about the step-up to lattice and twinkle lights used at the prom the night before ours. (I did guard duty on our unloaded stuff. The twinkle lights were lovely, but - no.)


This prom is outrageous over-the-top. This year's theme was
"The Kingdom."

The alpha/omega symbol, our icon.

And we had a dragon!




Our entry was a 60 foot wall, complete with guards on the top. It led into a garden with gazebo, fountain and bridge. Next to the Kings garden was a chapel. Yes, real stained glass. It and the garden were so much cooler than the ballroom! Along one side was a huge labyrinth - a work of art made of bamboo and shrubbery cuttings. The students made a contest to see who could escape first.

Behind that, our arena with a myriad of games: archery, rings and ball tosses, chess, checkers, backgammon, mancala. Oh and this awesome catapult activity where they knocked down the miniature castle.



Beyond that was the Armory where the kids could get pics taken with swords and battleaxes and the Knights Hall complete with the Round Table for group shots.

Our village had both a tavern and an apothecary where the kids could pick up Dr. Peppers or sachets, respectively. Behind the tavern, the throne room highlighted the backside of our pre-function area. Yes, we had a prince and princess.

In fact, we had a battle scene with about a dozen warriors to open the dinner. During the meal, The Dallas String Quartet played followed by DJ, William Ryan III. The students danced Thriller, waltz, Boot Scoot Boogie, and swing along with the jump-up-and-down songs that are at most proms. After a Dance Contest and a final Senior Legacy Dance where the graduating danced with parents, the night finally closed at 1AM. For them.

For us, it ended about 5 hours later - but it was worth it! What a great night!
I have a slide show, but I can't seem to get it to work on blogger. Check it out at my new blog marjilaine.wordpress.com. And while you're there, go ahead and bookmark it. That's where you'll usually find me!

1 comment:

  1. Marji! It looks fantastic. All your hard work paid off. You gave those kids a night they will not forget.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...