![]() |
Katie Ganshert is a debut author whose novel premieres in May, 2012.
|
Ephesians 5 urges us to "make the most of every opportunity." Not surprising that our God is a Master at that, and fiction writing is no exception.
I am typical for most women my age in that I love to read novels. (Particularly romance and especially a good mystery.) I learn about different types of people and enjoy the way they deal and rise above their circumstances. I know the stories aren't true, but they draw me in because something within them relates. Whether the main character reminds me of myself in some fashion or the situation in which she finds herself captures my attention, her story becomes real because it could be.
![]() |
Keli Gwyn is a debut author whose novel premieres in July, 2012.
|
That's what I want my writing to do as well. Inspire readers to the realization of God's adoration. Those that understand all that He has done for us need reminding - I know I do - and encouragement in the truth. Those that haven't experienced that kind of relationship don't need me to preach at them. But if they can see a real submission to the Father's love from a book character in which they see themselves, maybe they can also be aware of that same love that wraps around them everyday.
Faith-Driven; that's my kind of Fiction.
Your turn: What's your favorite book or which author has your attention at this point - and why???


No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.