I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

News and Updates

At this point, I'm in the homestretch of my story. The last 30k word (or so) included the most exciting sections, the climax of the romance, the dark moments. I would say that it's my favorite part of the story - the words in the separate scenes certainly flow quickly. But it's also the part of the story where I have to make sure the two ends of the circle match up as I draw them to a close. I added 14k to my story this week. Wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it would be since I'm liking it so much!  Can't wait to finish.

I still have the goal of having it done by the end of November and am really looking forward to the revisions and polishing that I get to do during December on my first novel.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the word count! The homestretch is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the great word count, Marji! I'm glad you're having so much fun with your story. Here's to reaching The End. I hope you have a celebration planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I'll get my nails done after giving my fingers such a work out. In fact, I think I'll get my nails done early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve to have your nails done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fingers think so, too, Amy. I can hardly believe that I can get this book finished in just two weeks if I keep up my pace! So excited to have it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate. I've also got 30k left to write and I can feel how close I am to the end. Coincidentally, my goal is also to get it all done by the end of November too! I'm cheering you on, and I hope we both make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following you now so we can both make this goal together! Bring on December revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 14k is awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...