I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Friday, November 25, 2011

News and ROW 80 Update!

For my Row 80, I did NOT keep up with my goals over this week. I really thought I had it all under control, but my goal of revising a chapter per day isn't working out. I find I work through a section then go back through it again at least once. My first pass is on paper with a blue pen. After I shift all of the notes to my computer, I go through the pages again. Taking the pages to a critique group provides another level of rips and shreds. But the first chapter that they tore into, they actually liked! Yea!

I've only completed two chapters this way and I'm not convinced that I'm actually done with the second one. Hopefully I'll get faster as I get more practice in tightening.

As for my exercise goal, I've failed miserably, first pulling something in my calf and then having my back go out on Thanksgiving. I've spent two full days on a vibrating heat pad and am beginning to feel the difference. Hope to get back to that workout on Monday.

My schedule IS working though! I'm able to spend more time with my kids: decorating, planning, baking, and shopping! Woohoo!

Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving! What's working for you?

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully it will come good soon. Having a critique group is awesome, since they often pick things up that you missed. Good luck for the rest of the round :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revising always takes longer than you expect! I think 2 chapters isn't bad going! Well done on the schedule and I hope the back is better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The process of revising is long and painful but you are making such a great progress.

    I hope you are feeling better. And kudos to you for having the schedule under control. Spending more time with the family is my number one goal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After two days on the heated vibrator, it actually feels good as new! YEA! And you're right, Angela. Family takes first place! Gonna keep that focus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your back was bad. My word goals always take second place if there is a family thing or if I don't feel great. I think it has too sometimes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor you - hope the back is improving - glad you were well enough for your festivities - we dont have Thanksgiving here but it does seem to be a big family thing over there, feel a little envious just a little mind! noy a party person really!!!)

    all the best for the coming week and look after yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alberta. Back is good. Still not lifting, but that's what kids are for, right? Hope your week is amazingly productive!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...