This summary was taking directly from the author's website. You can find it HERE.
Quench your craving for good fiction with this wonderfully written Old West adventure. Hoping to leave the shadows of her shady yesteryears behind, Adeline Reid is focusing on her photography career. But when her ex-boyfriend’s compatriot in crime shows up in Dodge City her entire past is threatened by exposure. Can Addie keep her secrets while helping to catch a killer? Deputy Miles Carr’s investigation into a shopkeeper’s murder leads him to Addie’s door. Will his attraction to this female photographer keep him from catching the true culprit? Or will Addie lead him off course in more ways than one?
Deputy Miles Carr has his hands full trying to keep the peace in Dodge City and find a local shopkeeper’s killer. When his inquiries lead him to the door of Addie Reid’s photography studio, he finds himself more than a little distracted. Does this beauty hold the clue to the killer’s identity?
(I swear the model on the cover reminds me of Alyssa Milano, the gal that starred as Tony Danza's daughter in the sit-com "Who's the Boss.") And, for as much as I've gotten to read of it, the heroine in the story has some of the same personality traits as Milano's character, like her strength and willingness to take a risk. I look forward to putting more reading time in!
You can purchase a copy of this great book for yourself at this link for Christian Book Distributors. Come back next week for my review!

I have this one and can't wait to dig into it. But my edits are keeping me from doing so just yet.
ReplyDeleteI just won this book over on Sarah Forgrave's blog. I can't wait. It will be next on my list to read.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas. One of my favorite aspects is the two-fer romance. We get to see two couples get togehter. I also like how Erica weaves in wonderful historical detail that enriches the story. It's a fun read with engaging characters.
ReplyDeleteI'm hearing that old song "Anticipation"! I'm gonna see how fast I can get through my word count today and see if I can jump back on the book!
ReplyDeleteHey, Marji, I awarded you the Tell Me About Yourself Blog Award. I'll be posting it tomorrow. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, Marji! I thought she looked like Alyssa Milano too! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying the story, and I look forward to your review. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Brandi! I'm so flattered!
ReplyDeleteErica, I'll give you a holler to let you know it's posted. Should be next Monday! :)
Oooh, this one does sound like a really fun read! And I'm a sucker for historical fiction, anyway.
ReplyDelete...Also joining you for the Alyssa Milano Look Alike bit.
I'm loving it, but have had to put it off during the work week. Can't wait to finish devouring it this weekend!
ReplyDelete