I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yummy New Blog Award!

I love blogging. The writing is a challenge. Reading about others and getting a capsule view of their lives is inspiring. I especially love having conversations through comments.

There are times when I look at my schedule and feel hopeless desperation. "What will folks want to read about tomorrow?" But mostly, it provides a free-writing opportunity for me and a fairly safe avenue to practice my craft.

So when my blog gets someone's attention, like for
an award, I'm overwhelmed!

Karen deBlieck honored me with The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award last Friday. Check out her blog here! Another home schooling singer, I think we have a LOT in common. Well, except for that Canadian thingy, eh, but I'm good with that! Big time thanks to you, Karen!

The rules for the award are to thank the giver and pass it along to awesome people, leaving a note on their blogs to inform them. Also, share seven new things about yourself. (Do they have to be new things? Oh okay!)
  1. I don't like whining - none of my kids are as good at it as I am, so why try? (Or cry, as the case may be.)
  2. I've directed and choreographed three full musicals and have no clue how they all came together, but the Lord Who is Faithful made them wonderful!
  3. I seldom miss a NASCAR race and Kasey Kahne and Trevor Bayne are my favorite drivers. 
  4. Being with my family usually gives me a belly ache - from too much food and too much laughter!
  5. Heeled cowboy boots or character shoes make me want to dance.
  6. I've lived in or near Dallas all my life and drive from one end of the metroplex to the other on a regular basis, but totally freak when I have to go to downtown. I think it's because I get turned around in the forest of tall buildings.
  7. I never want to visit New York City, for the same reason!
Now for some exceptional blogging that I've enjoyed lately!
  • Keli Gwyn - Keli's blog offers writing encouragement and insight into the life of a debut author. Her first novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, is due out next summer. 
  • April W. Gardner - April is the Senior Editor at Clash of the Titles blog and has her children's chapter book, Lizzie and Guernsey Gang, release on November 15.
  • David N. Walker - David is the co-founder of Warrior Writers with Kristen Lamb (author of We Are Not Alone, a writer's guide to social media.) David's expertise in writing and social media coupled with his love for the Lord keep me visiting his blog over and over.
  • Christy LaShea - Christy's blog, At Split Ends, is full of author interviews and Christian fiction reviews. A valuable asset to any reader!
I hope you will visit these blogs, leave some love, and tweet them, or like them on Facebook. Takes only a moment, but means so much to the aspiring and new authors. 

I'm always eager to spot new intriguing or inspirational blogs. What have you visited lately?

7 comments:

  1. Marji, thanks so much for honoring me with this award. I appreciate that as well as the mention of my debut novel.

    I think it's cool that you've directed musicals. Sounds like they were all three successes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome and I'm truly excited about A Bride Opens Shop! The musicals were a hoot. Still don't know how they ever came together - grace! But we had a great time pulling them off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! It does look yummy!

    I'm a racing fan ever since my first trip to the Indy 500. I also like Nascar and root for the hoosier boys - Stewart, Newman, and Jeff Gordon - not born a hoosier but raised here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoke had a great race last week! Looking forward to tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Marji! I appreciate the mention. You encourage me to keep this blogging thing going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Marji! You're a dear to think of me and my blog. Ok, so you've choreographed three musicals? I'm so impressed. If I ever come to Dallas again, you must teach me how to dance in heeled cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's just something about those shoes! When I was teaching years ago, I would literally tap-dance down the rows during lunch duty. Just can't keep my feet still in them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...