This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Wrap yourself in a good book." In this case it's The Good Book.
What an amazing visual of John's Gospel. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God ... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."
How distinctly we see the person of Jesus pour from the pages of His book, and not just through the Gospels and letters of the New Testament. Like a thread throughout history, He is also evident in the Prophecy books of the Old Testament, being the One of Whom they mainly speak. He is the loving bridegroom in Song of Solomon, the wisdom of Proverbs, and the muse throughout the Psalms. All of the historical books
point to Him as the coming resolution, and solution. The Redeemer who completes the task of removing our sin.
Several years ago, I was a member of a choir and we sang the song below about who Jesus is throughout the Bible.
As I've been reading 1John this week, it has come back to me again and again that John is speaking about his friend, a man he knew. They ate together, laughed together, and talked for hours on end. Yet, John recognizes the Son of God and how He's been reaching toward us for centuries.
John's message is timeless. Jesus has never stopped reaching for the people of this world, drawing us closer and closer, "that we might know Him fully, as we are fully known." (1Corinthians 13:12)
May I never cease to be inspired by Who He is and what He did for me.

What a wonderful portrayel of the Living Word of God! I've given your blog an award. http://simplyscribblings.blogspot.com/2011/10/celebrations-abound.html
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I'm flattered! And I LOVE the award picture! Yummy!
ReplyDelete