I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'll Get You, My Pretty!

Couldn't resist this pic when I saw it posted on Facebook. This gal created the very essence of fear to me as I grew up.

Remember when Dorothy watched out the window, after the glass had hit her in the head? She saw the mean old woman first riding her bicycle and then turn into this gal riding a broomstick. I
wonder if that's where the whole witches riding a broomstick thing got started?

Not long after I saw The Wizard of Oz for the first time, I had a nightmare that the witch hung from a rope, dangling over airplanes as they traveled overhead. Her purpose was to peek into houses as she flew past and anyone she saw, would turn into stone.

Vivid imagination: wrong on so many levels, and yet for years I ducked under my bed every time a plane flew by - and living on the approach to DFW airport, that happened a LOT.

Sometimes the things that scare us can be so ridiculous! Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about my imaginary brushes with "The Blob" and "The Legend of Boggy Creek."

So what caused fear to crawl up your spine when you were little? Share your memories in the comments, or blog them and send me a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...