I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

What to Do?


After almost five months of revision, critique groups, and cramming on grammar and craft books like a college freshman, I'm on the last lap of this part of my novel's journey. Thanks to ROW80 encouragement, I completed my final revision in record time. (Of course, the word "final" is relative! LOL!)

A team of amazingly talented beta readers wait in the gate. My survey questions for them are written, formatted, and ready to send. I can't believe
this story has come so far!

Seems like only yesterday it was just a dream, toddling around on a few short chubby chapters with the support of a flailing outline and the hopes of grandeur someday. Who knows? Maybe it will reach glorious heights. Maybe it will enjoy long life and a great legacy. Would any parent author want less for their child work?

I hope to be at laps-finale within the next 30 days. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and bigger! Woohoo!

Once I hit the end of this work-in-progress, what do you suggest I should do to celebrate?

5 comments:

  1. Big time CONGRATS, Marji! Finishing your first book is a BIG deal! I suggest you go out to a fancy dinner and eat LOTS of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my dance running back and forth to the copier last night! Kids thought I had lost it! LOL!

    Love your idea, Katie. Sweet hubby might owe me one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mani-pedi? An evening on the town? A movie night in your PJ's with a bowl of popcorn and a pound bag of M&M's? A happy dance (recorded to share, of course)? Whatever you want to do, enjoy! You deserve a celebration. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Julie! I'm loving the mani-pedi idea . . . Free time tomorrow . . . hmmmmmmm.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...