I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Undercover Pursuit by Susan May Warren

Undercover Pursuit by Susan May Warren had me intrigued from the first page. I examined it along with several other books I recently downloaded, just looking through the first few pages for their hooks, the ways that they connected with the reader. Wow, did U.P. ever connect! From the get-go, I had trouble putting it down.



What starts out as a lark, a curious case of mistaken identity, quickly becomes an desperate attempt for protection and a life-threatening situation. Luke Dekker is undercover to nab a major player in a drug cartel. He's not that thrilled that it has to be done at a wedding, though, and he's even less thrilled about his partner for the weekend. The beautiful agent/bridesmaid pretending to be his fiancee made the wedding party accessible to him. Only the girl, Scarlett Hanson, isn't his contact. She isn't even an agent and has no training for the task she must complete. The twists in the plot appear impossible, but Ms. Warren masterfully unravels the strands before tying them into a satisfying bow.

Updated 9-18-11 The earlier my review, the less I knew what to say about the story. Again, I didn't do this story justice. As a writer assignment, I checked out a dozen or so books from the library along with another half-dozen on my e-reader. My intent, to read the first five pages of each and find the hook. I had a hard time with most of them, especially the older ones. But when I got to Undercover Pursuit, the last sentence on page five hooked me like a squirmy fish after a juicy worm. I was a goner. Didn't put the book down until my eyes saw double. Then I played hooky from my next day's tasks to finish the novel. Ahhhhhh. Such satisfaction! Highly recommended!

Find Undercover Pursuit at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...