I've MOVED!

Visit me at my new blog at http://marjilaine.wordpress.com/

Don't miss all the new things that I'm sharing on my blog, but I'm not copying the articles here anymore. Come join me!

Friday, May 20, 2011

My Journey So Far . . .

Wow, it's only been about a couple of weeks since I felt that God wanted me to take my writing seriously and I've learned so much.
  • I've figured out how to write a query and follow the rules while still making it (well, hopefully) intriguing.
  • I've realized that rewrites are more than a necessary evil, they are just going to be part of my daily life!
  • I've learned that if I can tell my story to an 11 year old, I can write a synopsis.  I've got a pair of those to help me with that!
  • I've proven that I can't write with music or TV blaring and when my dogs are in the house, just forget it!
  • I've learned that my writing just doesn't quite measure up unless I allow my Lord to take an active part in what I'm doing.
I still have a lot to learn, though, most of which I don't even know I need to know, yet.  But I'm walking this path with a Guide!  I look forward to meeting other authors, soon, at local meetings and I'll likely learn more of what I should already know, then.

In the meantime, I'm gonna do a little reading.  Good literature is the best teacher and I've downloaded several newly published novels to try out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry! Comments are turned off here. Visit my new blog at MarjiLaine.com

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...